shabby blogs background

Friday, August 31, 2012

Beautiful Bombay

Hello Friends!

Wow last day of August! So does that mean summer is over? :(  My life right now is consisting of Fall craft projects ( for the shop), high school football games, preparing to close up the pool, and today i bought some tulips to plant so ya I'm sad to say that my summer is winding down. But i must say i am looking forward to chilly nights, jeans and flannels, pumpkin lattes, cheaper electric bills!, and i can't wait to take my babe to the corn maze this year.

I am hoping to participating in a antique/market show in Oct. (more info on that when everything is definite) so I've been crazy busy trying to get all my junk furniture ready.

Today i finished up a new Bombay Style Chest

so sorry my pictures aren't the best i didn't have a chance to stage this ( again really busy) just snapped pics in the driveway before it was loaded in Besty ( my faithful truck) then off to the shop we went. Anyway I hope you enjoy!



 check out that gorgeous detail! I love that there is just the right amount of Red shining through the Sparkly Silver.


 Hard to tell with these pics but the raised carved details have many beautiful layers of color ~ Grey, the Red, then a silver brushed over and then a dark wax to give it depth.


 The drawers and bottom were painted w/ ASCP in Paris Gray, the sides and top were painted in Old White.


 I really buffed the heck out of this little chest ~ my arms were burning but isn't that shine gorgeous! I used clear and dark wax ~ Annie's of coarse.


Emperor's Silk is this weeks fav color. too bad i only bought a sample size I'd love to see how a whole piece of furniture looks done up in this beauty!


 Note to self... next time you see rhinestone knobs for under $5 BUY THEM ALL!!

Would you believe I've had this Bombay Chest for about 9 years ~ WHY did i wait so long to paint it!!! 
Its truly Stunning!

Thanks for stopping by!
Have a Beautiful Evening
Erica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...