shabby blogs background

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

altered suitcase


Notice the altered birdcage? it turned out so cute so Tattered Elegance!

Hello there!

 if you follow me on facebook then you may have already seen this picture, as I posted it the other day. All these goodies were on the way to the shop and I snapped a few pic in my driveway before we left. but today i wanted to share this fabulous antique suitcase!


I Altered my first Vintage Suitcase

~ lovely ~


 Altered vintage suitcase
Painted with annie sloan's Old White. tres chic w/ the chocolate French transfer from the Graphics Fairy,
Beautiful cut pieces of toile fabric decoupage over a paper doily,  a Victorian glove adorned w/ some bling and tulle faux flowers popping out, pearls n beads, a few fabric rosettes vintage eyelet trim and to top it off antique bright green lace wrapped in a bow on the handles. Honestly I couldve kept adding embellishments, I had to make myself stop I didn't want it to be "Too much" { is that even possible :) }

I love altering vintage pieces its always great to give new life into something that might be tired and dull. There is so many cool things people do w/vintage suitcases. check out some of these i saw on pinterest...Pinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned ImagePinned Image
Really i could go on and on there is just so many cool things to do with old suitcases! Ive got a couple more stashed away in my garage i just can't wait to get the time to play around with them!

I hope you've enjoyed my take on an altered suitcase.
thanks for looking
Have a Wonderful day ~ Everyday
Erica

2 comments:

kathryn cain said...

Love love did I say love your fun redo....and now with some fun stuff...I have a falling apart train case...and my brain is wirling.....This is a WOW!

Lady Pamela said...

Beautiful inspiration for suitcases. I have some crafting to think about. Thank you for sharing.
*Smiles*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...