shabby blogs background

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Atlas Map Chest

Hello Friends!
Purple Vintage book bundle nesting w/ a pair of partridges

I had a lot of fun with this project can't wait to share it w/ Y'all

I was lucky enough to get the coolest vintage atlas at auction it has a ton of the most vivid pictures and the pages are real soft and just starting to turn that perfect yellowy (hmm Tattered elegance word) color around the edges. I love vintage ephemera.

I had this boring ( sorry no before pics) 3 drawer chest that desperately needed some jazz. So i decided to marry my cool atlas map pages and the how hum chest and voila!!!
 I added those cute lil bun feet to the bottom so this chest would have a bit of height and detail
 Isn't it awesome! I simply decoupaged the pages to the drawer fronts and to the top.
 Here's a tip... When Decoupaging~  to eliminate wrinkles wet your paper first before applying to your project and use a credit card to smooth over the paper to get rid of those air bubbles, and be patient (hardest part for me) let your masterpiece dry overnight before sealing with your final coat of decoupage. And also let dry before trying to trim up edges!!
 So I am all moved into my new space at A Unique House Antique Mall
 Its so nice to stretch out
 Since these pictures ~ the pair of mirrors flanking the fireplace has sold
 And the ASCP Aubbuson BLue/ Old White cabinet has SOLD
 I love my diamond painted floors can you see the flur-de-lis ?

Thanks for sticking around i hope ive inspired you to Decoupage ~ try it Its FUN :)
Have a creative day~ Everyday
Erica 

1 comment:

kathryn cain said...

No comments ARE YOOU KIDDING....this is way cute and now you have me torn ....I have a little piece very similar..I had already bought feet...and I have to do lots of putting her back together....I was going to do a subway as my last one sold so fast...a July post....but I have some maps...hmmmmmm

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...