shabby blogs background

Sunday, September 22, 2013

So Elegant ~ Vintage China Cabinet

Hello Friends and Happy Fall!

Today is the official first day of Autumn ~ doesn't that just put a smile on your face. :)

I'm very anxious to show you the China Cabinet I recently finished. You may have already scene it via Facebook, Pinterest or on the American Paint Co.'s blog ~ I was featured last week on their Facebook Friday post.




Painted in American Paint Company's wonderful Chalk, clay and mineral 100% natural paint. I used a creamy white named Home Plate and one of my new favorite colors a soft sage green named Liberty.



 
Stripes grace the sides in two shades of green. A tip to adding interest to a piece but still keeping it neutral, try adding tone on tone stripes.
Stripes can give instant drama to a piece of furniture.


 
 
  Embellished with Gold accents. I used Rub n buff ~ Grecian Gold, for all the raised moldings/ trims. Gold and Metallic are so HOT right now and im loven it. It really can make a piece so elegant , so chic!
 
 
 

 





I loved the original hardware it only needed to be cleaned up a bit and polished with Gold Rub n Buff.


 
I also added Vintage Music sheets from an old Hymn church book. I simply decoupage the sheet music onto my cabinet. These were already "yellowed" but I did decided to go ahead and scuff them up by sanding them and applying a dark wax along the edges. I was trying to achieve a look of old torn wallpaper.
 

To see this beauty in person ~~
you can go to Deep Creek Vintage
we are open 7 days a week


 
Have a glorious Fall day!
Erica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...