shabby blogs background

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Paloma ASCP Desk and shop pics

Hello Friends!

Im so excited to share with you my latest furniture redo! I scored at the thrift store on this computer desk. This thrift store is sooo awesome i always find greatness there but i do have to travel almost an hour to get there. ( and i'll never tell where so don't ask :)) But its so worth it when i get to come home with fantastic pieces like this one. Although, i know others are familiar with my hidden gem too because if you pass a piece up to go home and "sleep on it" well i can guarantee you it'll be gone the next day. I'll never forget the time i passed on a Italian tole birdcage chandelier ~ as soon as i got home i thought "what the heck was i thinking!" the next morning i traveled back up to the thrift store only to find it was in someone else cart! I couldn't help myself i went right up to that shopper and told her how i dreamed of that chandelier and that i needed it and that i drove an hour just to buy it! first of all im pretty sure she thought i was a little crazy but then she said she felt the same way. HMMMM what was i to do? I walked away sad and jealous that she got there before me and got to take home about a $400 (not to mention gorgeous) chandelier for only $50!!! ok anyway enough about that lets get on to this Gorgeous Desk!

My latest Annie Sloan Chalk Paint fav color of the week is Paloma ~ its this soft grayish lilac. Purple being my alltime favorite color i can't believe i haven't tried this out sooner honestly it doesn't look anything like the tiny paint chip that i have.

ok without any further ado here she is...




 lovely lovely carved details  highlighted in Annie Sloan's Old White


shelf pulls out for your keyboard I covered it with script paper then applied a dark wash and sanded to give it an aged appearance




 I also painted up some vintage frames to match and then placed some lavender colored scrap booking paper with beautiful script on the inside instead of a photo seems appropriate for a desk huh?


Isn't the shape so cool ~ at first you think its a corner desk then you soon realize the ends are the only thing on a right angle


 A few pictures of my Booth at A Unique House Antique Mall



Thanks for letting me share with you!
Until next time,
Erica

2 comments:

Maureen Wyatt said...

That desk would be perfect in my house! If only I were closer. lol

Unknown said...

What a gorgeous desk - and what a perfect makeover for her!
Would love to have this beauty!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...