shabby blogs background

Friday, December 28, 2012

Holiday Decor in the Foyer and a mini tutorial

Hello Friends!

This years Holiday decor was simple and elegant. As I stated in my previous post my house will be up for sale ~next week~ so i wanted a very minimal decor. I think I probably only pulled out a quarter of my decorations this year.  Primarily a color palate of neutrals and sparkly silver glitter (that's a color right) With the exception of the foyer where there is splashes of Vintage Pinks.

My pink tree soften with a cream boa as garland and  a trio of handmade feather wings, and just a few other ornaments curtiosy of my sweet lil 2 year old that was very persistent about decorating the tree :)

One of my Christmas Crafts this year that i never got a chance to blog about

~  I love embellished bottles~

Here's a mini tutorial ... 
I decided to take some of the vintage bottles that Ive been collecting and give them a Tattered Elegance touch. I used Martha Stewart's glass stencils and some ASCP Duck Eggs blue and painted snowflakes all around the bottles and also painted a blue band around the top and the bottom then once dry I covered the paint with glittered decoupage then dipped in Epsom Salt for a bit of shimmer. I even stuffed white feathers in some of the bottles!  And Lastly I hot glued one of my bleached bottle brush trees on the top. I loved them so much they never made it to the shop although i plan to do more and save them for next years Tattered Elegance Holiday product line. What a beautiful way to display your antique bottle collection.



 Here is the landing on the steps. I am trying to go for  more of a winter theme instead of Christmas so i can leave it up a bit longer.
Its pretty simple I only added white roses garland with some greenery and some sparkly twigs on top of my dimply angles, a beaded tree and some antlers (which honestly somehow always make it into my seasonal vignettes)

The Foyer 

opps just noticed one section of the icicles must have fell!
Ive added 3 new glittery vintage inspired houses this year to my collection
 Bits of an artificial white tree that was destined for the burn pile founds its way on top of my Antique Victorian Sideboard right alongside a few chosen antique Christmas balls.

 Antique Putz Houses = <3
 I hope you've enjoyed my foyer and step landing,
 Tomorrow I'll be sharing my living room and sitting room hope to see you then! 
Happy Holidays,
Erica


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...