shabby blogs background

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

FarmHouse Cupboard ~ Olive

Hello friends!

 I wanted to share with you today My Firefighters Spoon Carved Cupboard.

Meet OLIVE...


 We went to one of my fav auctions out on Maryland's eastern shore. My Firefighter spotted this cupboard amidst the sea of battered furniture and rusty junk ( the Americian Pickers would say rusty Gold) and just knew he had to have it. Overall it was in pretty good shape just a few minor fixes and some light sanding. We knew we were gonna use chalk paint so not too much prep work involved. A bit of gluing and some tiny holes to fill was really all it needed. He picked the ASCP colors he wanted to use and then the magic started to happen. It still amazing me even after the hundreds of pieces of furniture ive painted, How paint can just transform a piece. I love the color choice! OLIVE = country farmhouse at its best!
Still Available at A Unique House Antique Mall

First i speratically spread some Florence and Emperor's Silk And a bit of Old White all over especially in the corners and places i knew i wanted to distress / highlight. Then painted the entire country Cupboard in ASCP Olive. And Finished it off with clear wax buffed to a brilliant shine. the inside is painted in a bright white.

 Notice the spoon carved details? Lovely with the Florence and Emperor's Silk peeking through. I has a beautiful aged bead board back and awesome antique hardware.
funky picture, huh?

Looks Fantastic with the doors open or closed. Personally I like to leave the doors open. Currently in the inside im displaying some of my pink floral dishes and cherished ironstone and milk glass and oh ya my fav antique glass chicken feeder ( that i hope no one ever buys :))

I felt it was only appropriate to display the antique fire extinguisher atop my firefighters cabinet 

 Such a wonderful piece for storing all your treasures ~ lots and lots of storage! Shelves on the top and bottom and a drawer in the middle. And its deep too! Seriously you can't have too many cupboards!
Since I had Olive on my paintbrush i painted this sweet little single drawer round pedestal table. Pretty pretty.  Olive seems to be so appropiate right now with the Autumn season approaching. Its such a dark warm color.
On another note I've been doing a lot of these lately. Stenciling quotes onto drop cloth then affixing the drop cloth onto foam board. Sometimes i get lucky enough to find a frame. Maybe you remember seeing the "Family" wall hanging I had in a previous post.?

Have a Great Day~ Everyday!!
Erica

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...